In order to provide the best possible care, a doctor may have to examine you. Occasionally this might require examination of intimate areas. We understand that such examinations can be both stressful and embarrassing. If this sort of examination is necessary:
- We will explain to you why the examination is necessary and give you the opportunity to ask any questions you may have.
- We will explain what the examination will involve, and tell you whether the examination will be painful or uncomfortable.
- We will obtain your permission before carrying out any such examination.
- You will be offered a chaperone.
- We will respect your privacy at all times during the examination, and while dressing and undressing.
The doctors and nursing staff will be happy to discuss any of your concerns about the above